Our first priority has always been you: our customers who continue to inspire us daily through suggestions and comments. Your desire for detailed product information and inspirational design is what drives us to provide you with new products and services. Shopping the Sheets.com way is not only a customer experience; it is a long-lasting partnership.
We comply fully with all applicable USA data protection practices and consumer legislation. We will never sell, rent, or otherwise share your personal information with any third parties although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the specific circumstances set out below.
This policy does not apply to information collected through Sheets.com’s affiliates based outside the USA. We are not responsible for data collection practices of services from which you access Sheets.com or of services we link to or that are linked to us, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own.
Information we may collect
In order to process your orders and to help us improve the quality of our service, we may collect several types of information when you navigate on Sheets.com:
- When you shop or register on our website, as appropriate, you will be asked your name, address, email address, phone number and we will maintain this information.
- We hold the delivery address(es) for your order, the login and password associated with your account and a record of your product selection and other actions on our website.
- Sheets.com collects but does not hold your financial information. We engage Authorize.net, which utilizes Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) to maintain sensitive information such as credit card number(s) and card verification codes.
- Should you request information, send emails to Customer Care, subscribe to our newsletter or other service, enter a competition, rate a product or complete feedback, we may also hold other information such as your age, interests or product preferences.
- We and our third party advertisement and content providers may also collect information about where you are on the internet (IP address; domain types like .com; URL you came from), your browser type; the telephone area code where your computer is located; the pages viewed during your visit; advertisements you click on; and search terms that you entered. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- We may acquire customer lists from third parties to invite new people to enjoy Sheets.com. We acquire lists only of people who have indicated they are willing to receive email offers.
How your information may be used
We hate spam as much as the next person. When creating an account, you can select to decline or to accept our further contacting your regarding products, promotions or special offers. Should you not wish us to contact you for such purposes, simply select the appropriate box in the registration or payment process to opt out of these services.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, detailed instructions to unsubscribe are included at the bottom of each email. You may also sign in and click here to edit your email preferences anytime.
Should we need to share information with third parties we hire to improve the quality of our service, the information may be used to:
- Administer a rewards program, contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- Improve customer care
- Improve your navigation experience
- Improve our advertisements, offers, products and services
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for the above purposes, whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and confirm you will not consider the above as breaching any of your legal rights.
When using community services such as our referral service for informing a friend about our site or a social media function, the content of your posting will be available to other participants and will be accompanied by your user name, chosen nickname and email address if applicable.
How do we protect your information?
Sheets.com implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information:
- All sensitive personal and financial information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, one of the most powerful security systems on the Internet. You can identify this protection during your transaction when "http" in the URL address changes to "https”: the "s" indicates you are browsing in a secure area employing SSL. Your browser may also display the 'padlock' icon at the bottom of the page, or you may receive a browser message pop-up to confirm the page is secure.
- Personal information is encrypted and restricted on a need-to-know basis to only those authorized with special access rights to our database(s). Those authorized with such access are restricted using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to protect your nonpublic personal information.
- Sheets.com participates in the Authorize.net secured seal program which utilizes Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) for sensitive financial information such as credit card number(s) and card code verification (CCV).
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard drive by your computer browser. Not all cookies are undesirable. They enable sites to recognize your browser and remember certain information to interact with you to improve and personalize your experience.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors; these providers are not permitted to use collected information except to help us conduct and improve our business.
Will your personal information be disclosed to other parties?
We completely respect the confidentiality of your personal information. We may disclose it to other trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or in conducting our business, provided those parties agree to keep confidential such information.
We may release your information when appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our site policies or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. If we are requested by police (or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities) to provide your personal information and/or user information, we are entitled to and will do so.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may also be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
This policy applies only to information collected through our website and not to information collected offline.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about customer information we shared (if any) with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. This information, if applicable, would include categories of customer information and names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2013 will receive information regarding 2012 sharing activities). Not all shared information is covered by "Shine the Light" requirements and only covered information will be included in our response.
To obtain this information, please contact us with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these privacy terms at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will highlight with yellow outline those terms we have changed and indicate at the bottom of this page the date these terms were last revised. It is your responsibility to regularly check the website to determine if there have been changes to these privacy terms and to review such changes. Your continued use of the website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new website terms.